BLOGGER'S NOTE: THIS WAS ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED AFTER THE SUPREME COURT UPHELD OBAMACARE, BUT IS APPLICABLE ANY TIME!
Anyhow, it’s time once again to visit the “things to do until the revolution, which may never happen but I’m going to be free anyhow, damnit” department.
Yes, it’s nuts to live in a country where one compromising, authoritarian weasel with a brain only a law school could love can decree the fate of millions. (And not for one second do I believe all the happy spin about how Roberts secretly sabotaged the Dems. Ha ha! They won’t be able to use the commerce clause to make us eat broccoli now! They have to tax us for not eating broccoli instead! We won!!!)
Yes, we’re going to hell in a handbasket. Or without the handbasket.
Yes, the Obamanable decision joins the NDAA, the USA-UnPatriot Act, secret surveillance, drone-murders, and all the other paving stones on that road to hell.
Yes, I feel for you guys who are a lot younger than I who are going to have to pay and pay and pay and pay for a soon-to-be third-world medical system when any moron (that is, any person above the mental capacity of the average politician) can see that real reforms and real health lie in the opposite direction.
But there it is.
So, if you have no cedar shingles waiting to be hammered, no rocks that need removing from the garden or moving into the garden, no punching bags to thwack away at, what next?
In no particular order, some thoughts:
1. Go shoot something. Something inert, of course. But you can use your imagination.
1A. Your television remains a good choice of target.
2. It’s the first day of the second half of the year; time to check your grab & go kit.
3. Play Scrooge McDuck and go revel in your little stash of gold and silver coins. Then make sure they’re well stashed and blessedly there for you afterwards.
5. Go have wild sex with someone you love. Extra points if it involves edible underwear.
6. Say to heck with some mere old budget. Buy a new gun. Or 500 rounds of ammo for one of your favorites.
7. Go monkeywrench something. Don’t leave such an excellent tool only to the left.
8. Talk to a friendly doctor about a potentially Obamacareless future. Check out medical tourism — U.S.-trained doctors and a tropical vacation for less than the cost of the hospital stay here in the Land of the Free. Get cozy with your veterinarian; you may need him or her someday for more than pet care.
9. Shrug. Or if you’ve already shrugged, pat yourself on the back, then ask how you can do it deeper, harder, better.