Friday, December 19, 2008

Do We Need Another Bible?

I wanted to let you know about this article from about new Bibles that are coming out. I hope you find this interesting.


Do We Need Another New Bible?
You don't need a new illustrated or politically correct version of the Bible. Judging by statistics, you have a perfectly
perfectly good version at home. It's the word of God. All you need to do is pick it up and start reading. When I graduated from high school and was accepted to a Christian College, my parents gave me a good quality, well-made Bible. I still have it. As you can see, it is now well-worn, and marked up with plenty of notes in the margins. I've used it now over forty years. I bet you have a Bible or grew up with one in your household.From this Bible I learned about God, Jesus Christ, and God's plan for mankind. This book has been the greatest influence in my life and has formed my values and my worldview. I learned that "All scripture is given by the inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." (II Timothy. 3:16) Did you know the Bible is the best-selling book of the year, every year for as long as anyone can remember? In the past few weeks two new Bibles have hit bookstores to join the endless parade of special interest Bibles. My question is DO WE NEED ANOTHER VERSION OF THE BIBLE? This one is a slick, illustrated, coffee-table version of the New Testament. The Illuminated Bible is a post modern version filled with edgy photos designed to grab the attention of younger people. It is produced by a non-religious advertising professional; not a theologian. The other new Bible is an environmentally friendly edition that takes advantage of the popularity of the green movement. This Green Bible, made of recycled materials, uses green letters to highlight the scriptures that address issues concerning the environment. It reminds me alot of the comments made by the Apostle Paul when he wrote of those, "...who worshipped and served the creation rather than the Creator..." (Romans 1:25)You know you don't need a new illustrated or politically correct version of the Bible. Judging by statistics, you have a perfectly good version at home. It's the Word of God. All you need to do is pick it up and start reading. What are you waiting for?!?
http://www.gnmagazine.org/

No comments: