Monday, June 16, 2008

Google & Blogging

I wanted to send this article which shows how a person can use google and/or a blog to become a source of information, such as biblical information. As an example a person can find interesting topics and put links to some of our church's liturature with them. If you are interested doing something like this, the article below might give some pointers.

> MY NAME> > In the world of Google, you need to get your link on> the first page, which means the first ten hits. Your goal> is the top listing. It is very difficult to achieve this.> > Search Google for "Gary North." Use the quotation> marks to make the search specific. See how many hits you> get. This may amaze you. Most of them refer to me, for> better or worse.> > I am not the only Gary North. There is a general in> Iraq. There is a professor at Ohio University. (I first> came across him in 1970 when I visited Michigan State.) > There is a homosexual activist who grew up in the same L.A.> suburb where my parents moved to after I went off to> college. But the first nine links on Google are to me. > The top link is my web site. This is perfect placement.> > Your goal is to imitate me. Your name is yours. > Build on it. I will cover this later in this report.> > YOUR NICHE> > If you have no niche, you are a commodity. You will> be priced accordingly. > > What is your niche? Do you have one?> > Do you have a blog site with Blogger or a competitor? > They are free.> > If someone searches on Google for you, are you at the> top of the screen? > > Is there a reason why someone should search for your> on Google? If not, why not?> > You need to think about the specialized information> you possess that gives you an advantage in some market. > What can you do better than your competition? If the> answer is "nothing," you are at a competitive disadvantage.> > Is there some area where people come to you for> advice? If there is, get on-line with a Website or a blog> site and start putting what you know on line.> > What are you doing to secure your own little monopoly> of service?> http://garynorth.com/.

No comments: