Thursday, October 30, 2008

Two Books Against Divorce

I previously sent a recommendation here http://brianleesblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/two-books-on-marriage.html about some interesting marriage books. Now I'm sending some recommended books against divorce. Granted, the Bible does give allowances for divorce in some instances like fornication, abandonment, and non-acceptance by a non-Christian spouse, but nevertheless in some cases divorce can cause unexpected problems, both for the marriage partners and any children. I hope you find this interesting. Also, don't hesitate to look for these books in the library or bookstore!

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Against-Divorce-Diane-Medved/dp/0804106339/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225397857&sr=1-1

Logic helps provide a case against divorce, eases the pain,
By A CustomerI read this book because I wanted to read a book from the perspective of "working it out". I expected to be able to argue with any reason for staying together because I had been betrayed. I'm grateful that I read it with an open mind because I found most of my reasons right there and the author provided solid evidence to challenge my justifications. I still don't know where I stand as far as getting a divorce or staying married, but it stopped me in my tracks. I was so hurt that I wanted to cut my husband of my life, just to be rid of the pain. But, even though the divorce papers may be signed, there is still a deep loss. It's a popular misconception that once the divorce is signed, there will be relief. Even though my husband betrayed me, I saw that I was not 100% the victim and thousands of people have experienced what I have and that there is hope. This is a great book to read if when you think that you're sure you want a divorce. You may change your mind. Even if you don't, this book does give a case against divorce. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b_0_15?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=unexpected+legacy+of+divorce&sprefix=unexpected+lega&x=10&y=18

Gem Of A Book For Those Facing Or Involved With Divorce !,
By
Irvin Goodman - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Unexpected Legacy of Divorce: The 25 Year Landmark Study (Hardcover) The brand new 352 page book really spells out with great insight how children are affected by divorce. Written by a true authority in the field, Dr. Wallerstein's book should be required reading for parents in troubled marriages. Kids of such marriages are OWED this information. Through her many interviews with children of divorced parents, she has learned how they really feel, how they react to divorce and how it has affected their own married lives and their children years later. Just a few of the topics covered include: When a Child Becomes the Caregiver, What If They'd Stayed Together- and What If They Can't, Family Ties, Growing Up Lonely, Court-Ordered Visiting, the Child's View, The Stepfamily, and much, much more. Dr. Wallerstein shows how many children of divorced parents actually overcome their fears and sorrows, and become loving partners and parents. Of great importance is her coverage of whether parents should stay unhappily married or to divorce, a question routinely faced by couples. This is a great book that should be read not only by parents, but all of those dealing with potential divorce situations. A very important book, that can only help the situation.

No comments: