Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Oregon pastor accused of “bigotry” for church sign saying Qur’an is “just another book”

A timely post about from www.jihadwatch.org about a U.S. pastor's freedom of speech. This follows this post about Trump and Israeli settlements. This follows this article about American energy independence and preventing money from going to hostile countries. For more, you can read two very interesting books HERE.You can follow me here.

Oregon pastor accused of “bigotry” for church sign saying Qur’an is “just another book”

That this church sign is news shows how much the culture has deteriorated. The Belmont Drive Missionary Baptist Church sign says “Wake up Christians, Allah is not our God, Muhammad not greater than Jesus” and “Only the Bible is God’s word, ‘holy book,’ Koran is just another book.” Note that it doesn’t say Allah or Muhammad or the Qur’an are evil, or violent, or anything of the kind — it is just a declaration of faith in Christianity and a rejection of Islam. So now apparently being non-Muslim is “bigoted.” In order to avoid charges “bigotry” henceforth, non-Muslims will be obliged to affirm that the Qur’an is not just another book, but is indeed “holy,” and that Allah is our god and Muhammad is greater than Jesus. By taking offense at this sign, Hood River Mayor Paul Blackburn is essentially saying that one must become Muslim in order to avoid charges of bigotry.
Belmont Drive Missionary Baptist Church
“Pastor bizarrely explains anti-Muslim church sign: I’m not politically correct, but I am biblically correct,” by Bethania Palma Markus, Raw Story, May 14, 2016:
The pastor of an Oregon Baptist church is under fire locally for putting what critics call a bigoted message on his church’s sign board, KATU reports.
Pastor Michael Harrington placed the words on the reader board outside Belmont Drive Missionary Baptist Church. On one side it reads, “Wake up Christians, Allah is not our God, Muhammad not greater than Jesus.” On the other side, it says, “Only the Bible is God’s word, ‘holy book,’ Koran is just another book.”
“I’m not politically correct. I’ve never been politically correct, but I think I’m biblically correct, and that’s what matters to me,” Harrington told KATU. “It isn’t against any particular denomination. It’s just the fact that I have taught and will continue to teach that I have one God, one way of salvation and one Bible that’s holy.”
But locals, including the mayor, don’t want to see the signs.
“I was really annoyed and sad,” Hood River mayor, Paul Blackburn, told KATU. “I am annoyed that in this political season there’s a solid case of ugly going on. I think it norms up this kind of behavior like ‘oh it’s okay to be a bigot now.’”
Another resident, Eric Cohn, said he was very upset.
“I literally had to stop and back up and make sure I saw what I saw, and I was profoundly offended and upset by it,” Cohn told KATU….
European Union may ban deportation of terror suspects
Bangladesh: Muslims beat Hindu, make him do sit-ups by holding ears for "insulting Islam"
FacebookTwitterLinkedInDiggBlogger PostDeliciousEmailPinterestRedditStumbleUponPrint

No comments: